Part of the Children’s Center mission is to provide observation, practicum, and internship opportunities for students in early childhood education and other related professions that support young children and their families.
Short-Term Field Experiences
These are visits to the Center that involve classroom observations (with or without child interactions) and range from 1 visit to a few within the semester. When considering the Children’s Center as your field experience site please follow the guidelines below:
- Field experience hours should be scheduled at least one week before the intended visit date. The earlier you contact us the better the chances are that we can accommodate your need and schedule.
- Field experience hours are not scheduled between 11:30-3:00 as children are eating and napping.
- Per DCFS, if a student will be in the classroom & interacting with children more than once, the student will be asked to provide medical documentation of good health, immunizations, and proof of a criminal background check.
- While priority is given to UIC students, students from other higher education institutions are welcome. Interested individuals should complete the Volunteer Application and submit it to email@example.com.
Practicum/Student Teaching/Internship Opportunities
Students interested in completing clinical hours that require being in a classroom several times a week for a full semester should contact the Center director at least one semester prior to the intended experience.
- While priority is given to UIC students, students from other higher education institutions are welcome to apply.
- Part of the application process will include an on-site meeting with the assistant director.
- Per DCFS, students will be asked to provide medical documentation of good health, immunizations, and proof of a criminal background check.