2016/2017 Tuition Rates
Tuition & Fees
- Weekly tuition is based on 5 full days. The Children's Center does not offer a part-time tuition rate.
- Tuition is charged for 48 weeks unless an optional week is used or early withdrawal is requested.
- Weekly fee is determined at enrollment and reviewed prior to the fall semester each year.
- Tuition rates are established each budget year for the following school year. An annual registration fee is also charged.
Tuition for children of currently employed UIC faculty and staff is $270/week.
Tuition for current UIC students is assessed on a sliding scale based upon each family's gross income before taxes and other financial resources. In order to determine a family's fees a studentmust submit one of the following documents in order to verify household income:
- IRS Tax records (1040 or 1040 A)
- FAFSA Award Letter
Upon the initial decision to enroll a child (and by the end of each spring semester thereafter,) parents are required to pay an annual registration fee. This non-refundable deposit reserves a child's place in the program. Space will not be held for a child without this fee.
A yearly materials fee of $100 per child is due no later than September 1st.
Parents may request one week (Monday-Friday) as "optional" throughout the school year (August - July). Parents may choose not to bring their child to the Center during the optional week and will not be charged tuition for that week. If the child attends any days during that week, the parent will be charged the full weekly fee. The optional week is a planned absence and must be requested in advance of the absence in writing to the director or assistant director.
Child Care Assistance
The Children's Center accepts families participating in the Illinois Department of Human Services subsidized child care program.
- Parents are responsible for the initial application (or change of provider), re-determination process, as well as submitting any required documents to Action for Children.
- 50% of the assigned weekly tuition will be collected until the subsidy is approved in writing at which point parents will be responsible to pay their monthly co-payment.
- There is a minimum amount that the Children's Center must collect each month, depending on each individual family's tuition level and the number of weeks in a particular month. Any shortfall must be made up by the parent out-of-pocket.
- Those who are approved at the part-time rate five days a week or those who are approved for a combination of full- and part-time days may have a make-up amount, which will be determined by the director on a monthly basis.
- If at any point a parent is dropped from the subsidized child care program, s/he will be responsible for the weekly fee determined upon enrollment.
- The application for the child care assistance program can be found at http://www.actforchildren.org/site/PageServer?pagename=Family_CCAP (paper application) or http://www.dhs.state.il.us/page.aspx?item=68333 (online application-must use Internet Explorer).
- More information regarding child care assistance can be found on the Family Resource page.